Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1Apr2009: Day 310: She's Here

I got a call from my brother Josh a little after noon our time to tell me that Natalie Rebekah arrived about 5:47am their time. She weighed in at 9 lbs 12 ounces! Now, if anyone knows my sister-in-law Autumn, she’s a very thin girl, so to have her carry around this child had to be quite a sight to see. Not only that, but she had it naturally. First it was by choice, but then when she decided she wanted an epidural, it was too late. Josh said not to worry, that all the hospital knew what was happening by her screams. Not sure how long she was but had to be a good size. She was only 3 ounces off from Makenna.

I took Makenna swimming after my work out. Wednesday’s was the day that the moms from the swim class last semester said they’d still meet. There was only one from the class and I asked her if the mom’s were meeting. She said that yes there was usually more. We had missed the last two times from being sick and then Jake being here. Makenna did exceptionally well. She kept jumping in, and really kicking her feet and moving her arms more than usual. She even tried pulling herself out of the pool but relied on me for the most part. Hopefully she’ll do as well tomorrow during class.

We stopped at the park after lunch and before play group. At play group, they had them decorate mini-baskets (made of cardboard,) so that they could do an Easter egg hunt. I ended up decorating the basket as Makenna has this insatiable need to pick up toys all of a sudden. Figures, I can’t get her to do it without some real persuasion and the one time she can leave toys to play she’d rather pick them up. Anyways, after, we went outside and were allowed to pick up one big chocolate egg (a bit smaller than a Cadbury’s,) and then two small chocolate eggs, and two small chocolate bunnies. I really had a hard time finding them at first, but we eventually got them.

Since we walked to playgroup, we had to pass through the park again to get home, and my plan was to just take Makenna straight home but as we were half-way through, we saw Hannah and Bethany. They were unable to make it to playgroup, so I allowed Makenna to go in and play in the park for another half hour. This then meant a later nap time.

Yesterday and today, Makenna decided to throw her fruit on the floor. I found it very aggravating. I’m not sure why she’s picked up this fun trick of sorts. I’m of course out of the room when she does it and so her punishment has been to help me pick it up. Sometimes I wonder if it’s because she wants to help me clean. She tried helping me clean tonight again. I told her not to worry, there will come a day when I’ll require her to clean and she won’t be too happy about it then, I added, “Trust me on that.” I’ve been trying to have her help me put silverware into the dishwasher and she seems to enjoy that. I guess I have to find little things she can do while I have a willing helper.

No comments: