Saturday, June 14, 2008

13June2008: Day 19...not much

I've been trying to write these things in the third person, but it is too hard. For the most part it is Chris writing these things (Teri did one a couple days ago)...so just assume it is me and I will have Teri say that it is her in her posts.

So, nothing exciting happened today, but we did get our pin for both our credit card and our debit card, so now we are able to get money...well sort of. We went to Costco and bought a whole bunch of food and some sheets and a duvet (comforter) and pillows for the new house. We went to pay and I could not remember the pin! Luckily I had used the card earlier to get cash, so we just happen to have just enough money to pay for it all.

I just looked online and my paycheck in the US didn't get posted. I thought it was weekly, but maybe it is biweekly. They also haven't given me my health benefits forms yet (we're still covered)...it seems that I have to remind people to do everything over and over and they don't do it immediately. I can't believe it takes much time to put the forms in the mail... It makes me think that if I don't know about something and can't remind people, then I will miss out on something important. I'm going to sit down with the HR manager once we are settled. He wants any lessons learned from this process. I'll definately give him an earfull.

Makenna was good and I kept her happy by carrying her around the store one my sholders. She really is tough to carry that way because my head is alway bent forward a little, but it is easier than carrying her in your arms.

I'm actually writing the Saturday morning and we are going to go see the white cliffs of Dover and Dover castle: see link http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/nav.14571

No comments: