Wednesday, June 4, 2008

4June2008: Day 11: Decision

Well, we decided on the second place we liked because I found out that a person who sits next to me at work lives a couple of doors down and there is a nice Church of England just down the street with child care and lots of other services including a gym nearby for Teri. We are still holding out for the off chance that the place we wanted as Teri's first choice, but I don't think they will be able to pull in the date into June because their son is still in school until July 4th. Both of us are sick of this small place we are in, so spending another 3 weeks here would be really bad.

I still don't have a corporate credit card nor any money given to me over here as an advance and that has gotten the people on the US side fired up now because I'm asking for reimbursement, so I think there is going to be some complaining on their side for me. The US side gives the UK people a AMEX card the day they arrive and it is bad form that the UK side is making me wait. I don't understand the hold up, but they are going to get to the bottom of it for me hopefully.

Teri took Makenna to a park today and met a person that told her about some activities around here. She also called one of my co-worker's wives and she is going to come over and pick Teri and Makenna up tomorrow to take them to a play session somewhere.

Makenna was really good today, so Teri was happy. Apparently, Makenna has picked up some new things from the TV because Teri came home from the store today with some yogurt and dropped one on the ground. Makenna was there and she said a perfect Homer Simpson "Doh!", which made Teri laugh hysterically. I guess we have to be careful what we are watching and saying now. I said "Dang it" the other day while driving and she spend the next half hour trying to recreate it. She couldn't quite get it completely together, but she got attitude right.

We are holding 3-4 flash cards at a time up now that have pictures of animals and different houshold items and we are able to ask her which one is the "vaccuum" or some similar thing and she can point to them pretty well now. So, she is really impressing us. She seems to understand us more and more and we are asking her more complicated things like: "get the remote and give it to mommy" and she is doing it. Kids are pretty handy for lazy parents!

Anyway, it is late...good night.

No comments: