Wednesday, October 22, 2008

22Oct2008: Day 149: Bye, Bye, See Ya Soon

What an exhausting day! We had to take Chris into work and then rushed home to eat breakfast. Ran out the door to go to downtown Gillingham to pick up the shoe boxes that the one store said they'd have for me. Unfortunately, they only could give me one. That was after trying to get Makenna to walk faster to get there. She's at the point where any little ledge or step, she wants to walk on it.

We went and picked up Hannah and her sister and mother and went down to the church where they were having a parent/toddler play group. Madonna said she'd watch Makenna while I went to the gym. After working out, I ran home for a quick shower and then back to pick all of them up. Took them home, and got home to make lunch. By this time it was close to 12:30pm.

Makenna needed a "potty-break" so to say. She likes to be by herself when she has to make a messy diaper so as soon as I walked into the dining room to eat, she was like, "bye, bye, see ya soon." I knew that was my cue to leave her alone. So I waited in the living room for a bit and every time I asked her if I could come in and change her, she would repeat, "bye, bye, see ya soon." I giggled to myself. After 20 minutes, I finally went in. We finally ate and then we had to leave again. It was time for afternoon play group. I was going to walk, but I was so worn out, and it was already 1:30pm and play group had started 15 minutes ago. I knew it would take us another 20 minutes to get there. I was nervous that she would be exhausted and miserable but she actually did really well. She even was into the singing time.

Then we went home and both took a much needed nap. Mine was only about 15 minutes but it refreshed me. Then tonight I had the shoebox thing at church and another girl was able to get about 10 shoe boxes plus my six and all the stuff I had bought at the pound store along with things other people bought, we were able to put about 13 together. Plus people brought other ones they had made up already. I guess it takes up until April of next year for them to get to the third world countries.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more restful. Not sure if we're going to play group tomorrow or not.

1 comment:

Grosek1234 said...

Makenna is getting so big! I look at her pictures and think WOW! She certainly knows a lot of words by now. All of your adventures are so exciting, especially going to Stonehedge and the Louvre! We hope that you are all doing well and can't wait to see you at Christmas!