Tuesday, October 7, 2008

7Oct2008: Day 135: Hap Buday

Makenna knows it's getting close to her second birthday. She loves to hear me sing Happy Birthday. She usually requests it by saying "Hap Buday." There's a Curious George Book that has a part where George is getting ready for a birthday party and every time we get to that page, she starts saying "Hap Buday" and wants me to sing the song. Then she claps and says "yeaaaahh." I ask her how old she's going to be and she says "two."

We also made a trip to the doctors as she hasn't stopped running from the wrong end, and she had this horrible rash that looked like welts. He said it's just some sort of infection and gave us antibiotics, diaper cream, and some pedialyte type substance, in powder form. I tried the whole giving her toast and a banana but she wouldn't go for it so the doctor's was the only option. She still wouldn't take the pedialyte drink and we had the force the antibiotic down her.

I tried being sneaky today, trying to get her to eat other foods to help her. I bought Naan bread as she loves this type of bread, and I made a piece of toast. I tried swapping out the Naan bread with toast and she didn't go for it. So then I squished up pieces of toast inside the Naan bread and I was able to get a few pieces down that way. Then I also bought a fiber bar hoping she'd think it was like a cookie or candy. She took one bite and gave that back to me and said, "done." So then I squished little pieces of the fiber bar into a cookie and was able to get her to eat it that way, but I'm sure four or five tiny fiber bar pieces aren't going to solve my problem, rather, her problem.

I gave her fruit tonight and cut up banana and thought she was going to eat a piece but then she put it down at the last minute. Sometimes she'll eat bananas and other times not. Unfortunately, this is one of those "not" times. As for the pedialyte drink, I tried making that the only drink option but that didn't go over. She would take one sip and say, "done". It's great to see them grow and learn, but it's not great when they can catch on to your tricks.

No comments: