Wednesday, October 1, 2008

30Sept2008: Day 128: These Wellies are Made for Stomping


This morning we put on Makenna's wellies as it was wet out and we had to take daddy to work so that I would have the car. She went straight away to a puddle and started stomping in it. I think the problem with these boots, that I didn't think about is that it's going to be hard to get her pants inside the boot so they don't get wet too. So I'm not sure how long these boots are going to last. When we were driving in the car, you heard one by one, "clunk", as they fell off her feet. So when we got home we changed into her normal shoes before leaving for the gym.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful except that I thought I heard movement upstairs when I put her down for her nap, but it didn't last long so I just figured she was looking at her books and then fell asleep. Well, that's not what happened. After a couple of hours of sleeping I went up and found that she had gotten out of bed and was in her clothes drawers and had fallen asleep on the floor. So she was probably pretty uncomfortable.

We talked to Chris's parents today as they will be here next week. So we're just trying to let them know of things to bring - for themselves and for us. We told them A1 Sauce, and Stride Spearmint gum for us. The gum over here stinks! It's all "chicklet" form and lasts for about 5 minutes and then it's yucky. We also talked to my brother Jared to see if all is well with the house and the cat. I guess the cat has been very busy bringing them a squirrel and a rabbit. It should be interesting when it gets to be winter back at home as the cat typically comes in, as they have a cat and a little boy who's now army-crawling his way around. Our cat is not a friendly loving type of cat and has no issues about defending its space.

No comments: