Tuesday, October 7, 2008

6Oct2008: Day 134: Mundane Monday

Well, those faithful readers can see that this was a bit late in being posted. It's not because things happened and it got to crazy to post anything. It was because not much really happened.

Chris went out of town for the day for a business trip and got home late and Makenna and I just had our usual day of going to the gym (nursery for her,) and then hanging at home. She still has a cold and now we have not only a runny nose, but also a runny butt--if you catch my drift. She seems in good spirits regardless so that's good. I'm just tired of changing yucky diapers. She's still not as ready as I thought she was for potty training but hopefully before her third birthday.

We're also trying to get the house ready for Chris's parents who are coming on Thursday and staying for a few weeks. We're excited to have live-in babysitters for a while! Obviously they're going to be out and about sight-seeing too but they'll be here for our fifth wedding anniversary giving us a chance to go out--alone--up through Makenna's second birthday.

I also got a chance to talk to my mom to hear about her crazy, but usual, life. It was good to talk and reminds me how much I miss home at times. The one thing I'm going to find hard is to get back into a routine when I get back home. I used to go to bed fairly early and get up early to work out. Now I go to bed around 11pm, sometimes even later and get up later and work out and then if needed, take a short nap in the afternoon, when Makenna does. I still appreciate the opportunity to be here though and to see all the wonderful history and different landmarks.

No comments: