Tuesday, October 28, 2008

28Oct2008: Day 155: You're Not Her Nanny?

Last day with Grandma and Grandpa Jones. So what better time than to let them watch her to spend quality time together. Plus it gave me time to go to the gym and do a bit of shopping. Of course, both times that I left, she decided she needed a nap! She must be all partied out.

I took her down to the park to play. It was another nice Fall day. A bit cold but not too bad. While we were down there, a little seven year old girl came up and took a liking to Makenna. She was playing with her and talking to me. At one point when I was asking Makenna to "come to mommy," the little girl said, "are you her mommy or her nanny?" I said, "I'm her mommy." She said, "Oh, I thought you were her nanny." I wasn't sure whether to feel good or offended. I figured I'd feel good as I think most nanny's are young. After playing for about 20 minutes, we went back home. That's when I took off shopping. If I had known that Makenna was napping, I would've run up to another shopping center. I had just drove down to downtown Gillingham figuring it was close and I had in mind what I was looking for.

Chris's parents had walked down to Gillingham, and made it in good time I thought. They had a bit of a climb coming back to the house. There's a bit of an uphill climb, not too steep really, but they had their workout for the day.

Now the trick is hoping no flights are delayed tomorrow as there's snow coming down in parts of England, of which one area is a bit close to London, plus we looked on-line and saw that Binghamton is expecting up to 7 inches. So they may get stuck in Washington D.C. We've enjoyed having them here to keep Makenna entertained and give us a chance to reconnect as a couple. Makenna will surely miss them. I can here her now, "Where's Baapa?"

No comments: