Monday, May 11, 2009

11May2009: Day 350: Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Well, ain't that the truth. I had my day all planned out and right off the bat, Chris needed the car. He ended up dropping Makenna and I off at the gym and we walked home after I was done. That meant grocery shopping went out the window...sort of.

I was supposed to meet up with Bex (Rebecca) the one who first took me to the Thursday's playgroup. She was unfortunately sick so there went our lunch plans. The problem was that Chris had come home to give me the car. But by the time I learned that she was sick we were already back at Chris's work dropping him off.

As we didn't go grocery shopping, we didn't have much in the way of food for lunch for Makenna and I didn't have my grocery list. We went up to ASDA's and picked up a few things and got home close to 2pm! She of course fell asleep on the way home and when I tried to get her up, she wasn't having it. I cooked her noodles but she just wanted to sleep. I took her up to bed and ate lunch my self.

Two hours later I heard yelling from her room. When I went up I she was yelling "noodles!" I brought her down and she ate her lunch...quite late by now obviously. I figured this would really mess up dinner which would be in a few hours.

I was trying to pack some more things in the spare bedroom as the movers are coming tomorrow to get a cursory glance at what we'll be shipping. Makenna was of course trying to "help" me by throwing things down the steps. I called Chris to see if he was ready to come home and stop me from throwing her down the steps (I'm joking of course).

We went to pick Chris up from work and got home and surprisingly, she did eat some chicken bites (that had corn in it), with some "steak sauce." She saw the A1 bottle on the counter and said she wanted it. I figured if that would help her eat her chicken bites then I was for it. She didn't eat too many but it was enough.

I was able to get a lot more ready for tomorrow. So at least if the rest of the day didn't go as planned, I got some things accomplished I was hoping.

No comments: