Friday, May 8, 2009

6May2009: Day 345: Little Mermaid

Makenna noticed the bird from yesterday was missing and she kept saying he flew away. I just said, “Yes, he went away.”

Today was a nice day so I’m caught up, once again, on laundry. Until oh let’s say…tomorrow. It’ll be nice to have a big washing machine again.

I took Makenna to the gym today and they didn’t have her booked in the nursery but luckily had an opening. I looked at my receipts later and found that I did have her booked and paid for. I’ll have to show them the receipt next week.

We went swimming and did I have a mermaid on my hands today. She did not want me to hold on to her while swimming. I would comply eventually, for a few seconds and she’d go under. She didn’t mind and she kept her mouth closed—hurray! She did really well with kicking her feet and moving her arms. Now if she’d only do that well tomorrow in class. The one thing she started doing though was walking off the edge into the water instead of jumping.

Other kids eventually showed and brought pool toys and she didn’t want to leave and kept trying to get their toys. Luckily they were willing to share. We had already been in though for about 40 minutes or so and had to get going. I let her stay about another 20 and then we left.

I was hoping to walk to play group this afternoon but since we would’ve been 45 minutes late if we did. She would’ve wanted to stop in the park and play and I wouldn’t have the heart to say no, so I thought it best to just drive there and that way we could get home and get her into a nap. She’s still fighting a bit of a cold and for once, I have not gotten it…yet. I’m trying to be more diligent about keeping her at a distance or washing my hands more regularly.

Tomorrow is already looking like a busy day as usual and I have lots to do to get ready to move back. I did take a few pictures of the small bathroom downstairs since I cleaned that today. Just remember…I didn’t pick the colors.

No comments: