Friday, May 8, 2009

7May2009: Day 346: New Tyres

This past weekend, one guy pointed out to us that our tyre (as they spell it here,) was “No good.” We thought he meant it was flat but he was just saying that it was bald. Chris already knew that and had me call the rental car company to see about getting them taken care of.

They told me I had to go to a Kwik Fit (like our Kost Tires I guess,) and get them to see if I really needed them changed. So Makenna and I set off today to go there after we dropped Chris off at work. Luckily, there’s one right up the road from where we live so I knew right where to go.

They looked at the tyres and agreed that the two front ones needed to be replaced. I made sure that they were going to charge the rental car company and not us. He said that was the plan. I also made sure that he agreed that it was normal wear and tear on the tyres and not something we did. Chris said that they were somewhat bald to begin with when we got the car. Kwik Fit also agreed that it was normal wear on the tyres.

Since it was going to take an hour or so, I decided to take the pushcart out of the back and walk back home with Makenna. She surprisingly walked all the way home without getting in the car and not asking to be carried. I think it had something to do with a dirty diaper.

After a quick change, we went to the park for a bit. Since we weren’t going to be able to make our usual sing/dance playgroup today I felt bad. We only have one more week to be able to go so I want to make sure we get there next week. It was a bit cold and blustery so I was cold but she enjoyed running around. We walked back up and got the car and came back home.

Since we had some time, I started to get things transferred to the spare bedroom in order for the packers to get an idea of what will be going. Plus, I was comparing it to the list we had when we came over and adding things. I did this again tonight going through all of Makenna’s clothes that we’ll be shipping back – which is quite a lot. She’s grown quite a bit which I can see looking at old pictures and clothes from when we first got here a year ago.

She had swim class today and wasn’t up for listening the whole time, as usual. The teacher had more success in getting her to do what she was asking then I was. She kept asking to go under again. She did earn another swimming badge though. I asked the teacher if she had to be tested and she replied that she’s been keeping track of her progress and she’s earned it. I’ll pick that up in the next few days or so. I was hoping she’d get another one before we left so I was happy to hear that she earned one.

Now if she could only earn an “Angel” merit badge. But she wouldn’t be two and half then would she?

No comments: