Friday, May 8, 2009

8May2009: Day 347: Po-Morrow

After nursery today, we ran home and got Makenna lunch. Hannah & Bethany came over so that they could all play together while their mommy watched Makenna and I could go meet Chris for a “goodbye” lunch in his honour in Maidstone at a place called “Flaming Henry’s.”

I was very appreciative that Madonna was willing to come over and watch her for about 4.5 hours. She came over here so that she could Makenna down for a nap. She remembers from last time around Christmas when Makenna just stayed awake at her house all night until we came to pick her up. She knows her kids will sleep anywhere.

The dinner was very nice and when I got there about 2:20pm, they were serving appetizers so I got there just in time. They had fried brie which was really good and some garlic bread. Then they brought out more appetizers of ribs and what looked like onion rings. I bit into one and knew it wasn’t an onion ring but didn’t know what it was. I put it down and found out later it was calamari. I can now say I’ve tried calamari and don’t like it.

Chris had ordered me dinner since I was running late and ordered me a steak which was actually pretty good. Luckily, someone brought A1 and there was a big discussion about A1 vs. Brown Sauce (the main sauce here for steak).

They also had a “razzing session” for Chris and gave him some nice parting gifts. They also gave me a really nice bouquet of flowers. Chris then gave a “short” speech. I sat around and talked to some of his co-workers. One of the guys I talked to told me about the crazy roads and how that they were created the way they were due to the farms at the time. People couldn’t go through farm lands so they’d go around them and it lead to these strange windy, narrow roads. I did eventually leave in order to relieve Madonna and let her go home to feed her husband dinner.

Makenna was upset to see them go and I agreed to walk with them to the corner near the park. She of course wanted to go to the park but I wasn’t up for it and wanted to get her home to get her dinner. She’s actually going to spend the day with them again tomorrow and she kept repeating “po-morrow.” I would say, “Yes, you’ll see Hannah & Bethany tomorrow.”

It will be hard to get back into the swing of things back in the states I think and I know I’ll miss some things here that we’ve been able to do along with people we’ve met.

No comments: