Saturday, May 16, 2009

15May2009: Day 354: You Must Be Joking

Somehow I forgot to type the blog yesterday so it's coming in a day late. Not sure quite how that happened. I just think I have a lot on my mind with all the things we're trying to get done. We had the rental company come over today to do a precursory evaluation to see if there was any outstanding issues that need to be corrected before we leave. Such as stains on carpets, or any damage. The only "damage" I saw was the house needed to be cleaned, dusted, vacuumed. I think they tended to agree as they didn't see anything "outstanding." So I guess that's good. I didn't do my normal routine of cleaning this week as I know that I'll be doing heavy duty cleaning next week.

I had all these plans of going to downtown Chatham after picking up Makenna from nursery because I want to buy a certain type of shoes before I go. I didn't do it though. Partly because I knew she'd be hungry after nursery and partly because I didn't have the pushcart with me and I didn't want to be struggling to keep her with me. I thought about going after lunch but realized that the rental company would be coming then. Hopefully I can sneak it in once next week some how. Plus then, Chris can watch Makenna and I can do it more quickly. Or I can just forget the whole thing all together.

Tonight, while watching this little video that Makenna got from nursery, she started laughing and said, "you must be joking." I was laughing so hard. Chris missed it so I repeated what she said, and then she repeated it again. It was the way she said it...while she was half laughing as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. I suppose she must have gotten this from me as it sounds like something I would say more so than Chris.

I probably muttered it when Chris told me how the rental company wanted all this ridiculous stuff cleaned, or when he told me he thinks we have to leave the house at 6am to make a 12pm flight on Thursday when the airport is only about 1.5 hours away! I know, I know, traffic, and customs, etc., but still

No comments: