Friday, May 8, 2009

29Apr2009: Day 338: Best of Friends

Makenna and I went swimming today and she again was taking it upon herself to jump in when I wasn’t in front of her. Luckily I was just to the side of her so I was able to grab her but boy is this girl getting gutsy. Luckily, she’s doing better and better with her kicking and paddling of her arms and keeping her head above the water once she goes under.

I was hoping to get home early from swimming so that we could eat lunch and head to the park before play group. She had other plans of sitting for about 15 minutes on the potty. She said that she went but I was sceptical. I was with her for most of the time and the one moment I leave, she went? Could be.

We only spent a few minutes at the park and then headed to play group. After, we were walking home with Hannah and family and Makenna and Hannah were holding hands. They were giggling and running as they were holding hands. All they needed was a field of flowers to be running through. It was so cute. One would fall and the other would laugh. The one on the ground wasn’t too happy but would get up and they would start off again. I think that when we leave, there will be a lot of asking for Hannah for a while.

For quite some time now, Makenna has been asking if Hannah’s sister Bethany eats noodles (“Bethy oose?”). I would have to tell her that I don’t know. She would ask up to ten times a day sometimes. She knew that Hannah didn’t like them so now her concern was with Bethany. Well, yesterday, Madonna texted me to let me know that Bethany does in fact like noodles. So now when Makenna’s asked, I’ve been able to tell her yes, in fact Bethany does like noodles. Well, wouldn’t you know it, hours after finding out the good news yesterday, Makenna turns around and asks if “Bethy chicken?” I was like, are you kidding me? Now I need to know if Bethany likes to eat chicken? Which I found out today, she does.

One other new word from Makenna today….”fantastic” said while eating breakfast.

No comments: