Thursday, May 14, 2009

14May2009: Day 353: Ex-Ca-Lent

We made it back to the song and dance play group today and got to see Rebecca along with her two little ones, Josh and Jake. I have to say I will miss this as I think they have catchy tunes that I wouldn't normally hear in the states - at least not that I know of. Especially the ABC's where they say "zed" instead of "z" at the end. At least Makenna and I will have some of the songs to sing. Hopefully I can find something for us to join that's similar.

We also had our last day of swim class, even though the last day is next week, but we'll be on a plane heading home by then. I think I mentioned that she earned another swim badge and we got the badge and certificate today. I don't have the certificate in front of me to say what she had to do to get it but it was similar to last time with doing more unassisted swimming.

She did pretty well at listening today too. The teacher had this new flotation device which was a shark fin. It wrapped around and Velcro strapped to her. It then freed up her arms to swim better and it helped her float. She actually was willing to put it on and seemed to enjoy it for the most part as it meant that I wasn't holding on to her. She was upset that there was no watering can to play with after. The teacher smartly left those in the closet.

I branched out myself tonight and made a meatloaf. Mainly because I'm trying to use up what food we have left and we have a lot of ground beef left. I remember eating meatloaf when I was young and not really caring for it and surprisingly enough, Chris said the same thing. I found an A1 meatloaf recipe figuring that would be the best for all of us as we love our A1. It came out okay taste wise, it just fell apart. Makenna really enjoyed it, but then again, she loves A1 too and was glad to eat it as long as she had more "sauce." In fact, she came out and said, "Ex-ca-lent," for excellent. Wow, that's quite a compliment. I figured when we get home, this is another recipe I can try and tweak by adding pureed carrots or something.

I have to end by mentioning how we didn't get the pleasure of seeing the "back-story" on the American Idol contestants. Tonight, they just showed what you guys in the states saw on Tuesday, and I already know who the final two are just from the Internet. I was surprised though in watching it tonight, that they cut out the whole home-coming stuff and just made it an hour show with the singing. I felt a bit slighted. Not only that, but I'll have to call my sister-in-law to tape the finale for me to watch when we get home as I won't be able to see it. So if you're reading this...tape it for me!~

No comments: