Friday, May 8, 2009

28Apr2009: Day 337: I Love Chicken

Makenna went back to the nursery where she sees Hannah and boy were they like two long lost friends; both screaming elatedly when they saw each other. It was quite funny.

I walked to pick up Makenna from nursery and we stopped in the park on the way home. It was sprinkling every so lightly and I was nervous about my laundry hanging out. Anyways, she found a spot on the playground equipment where I couldn’t get to her and there was a puddle on it. She had a hey-day. She was stomping away as I was asking, then demanding, that she didn’t as she was getting her shoes all wet. The saying I have is “No wellies (boots,) no puddles!” That flies out the window when she can’t be reached by mommy and has free reign to stomp away. I finally got her away from that puddle but others beckoned. She finally came near the slide, sat down…right into a puddle. That was it – time to go home. She wasn’t too happy to leave but was agreeable as she was hungry too.

Tonight, when daddy got home and dinner was about to be served, she started saying very excitedly, “Hurray, I love chicken!” She in fact ate her whole piece and wanted more. We didn’t oblige her though and she wanted to go back to the park with daddy. He did take her while I got other things done.

It seems strange that we can go to a park at 7:30pm and it’s still light out. The downside is that it’s light out too early, like around 4:30am. Makenna is waking up at 6:30am the past couple of days because it’s too light out and she doesn’t have adequate blinds in her room to keep it dark. At the hotels, while on vacation, she would stay asleep after 7:30 because of the dark curtains. Maybe we’ll have to invest in those back in the states for her room.

No comments: