Friday, May 8, 2009

1May2009: Day 340: What the....?

I was able to get back to swim aerobics today which was nice because after my 35 minute cardio workout, I thought I was ready to pass out from heat. I just felt very hot today. In fact, even tonight at home I was really warm.

After I was done, I tried to make sure I left enough time to run to the bank and to the post office. Well, I had gone to the bank yesterday and it said I put my pin in incorrectly, but I stopped after the second try. I couldn’t figure out what I had done wrong and thought maybe I just had forgotten the order or something. I had just used it a few hours earlier in the day, yesterday, so I couldn’t figure out how I forgot it in that short of time.

Anyways, I went back today and after two tries it said my card was locked. Again, I couldn’t figure out what I had done wrong. Later, I called them to reset my pin but because I did it in a bank machine they have to send me a new pin altogether. I was like “great.” I seemed to have forgotten this one and now you’re sending me a new one to remember? I went up and looked at what I thought the pin was and I was right! So I think maybe what might have happened, is that I either miss-hit a key the first time so it caused me to come up with other combinations and not try the original one again, or two, I might have put in the card from the states as they are similar in colour and I might not have paid attention. Either way now I have to wait a few days to get a new pin number.

What was more frustrating happened just prior to my bank trip today and that had to do with parking. There are not many parking spaces around the bank as they’re usually all taken up and the post office is maybe a minute walk from the bank but again, there are only a few parking spaces in front on a busy street. I first went up the side-street to the bank and all spots were taken. I went around the block and figured I’d try and find a space in front of the post office. As luck would have it, a woman was going to pull out from the last spot so I pulled up behind her to pull in when she left and I had my blinker on indicating that I was pulling over. I was technically in the road still and cars had to go around me as I wasn’t in an official parking space. Well just as that lady pulled out another car cut right in front of me and took that spot. I was dumbfounded!
I sat there with my hands up in the air and two guys on the sidewalk saw what happened and were smirking. I finally beeped at the guy and I was so mad that I wanted to get out of my car and go up to him and say, “What the….. is the matter with you? Didn’t you see I was going to take that spot you idiot? (along with some other words that aren't too nice.)

Instead, I pulled up beside him, looked at him (which he was most likely in his 50s) and then drove off around the block again and was able to find a spot now on the side street to the bank. As I walked around past the hi-jacked parking space – the car was gone. Now I was really mad. Of all the low life dirty rotten things to do. I mean he had to literally squeeze really quickly into that spot. Well, I eventually got over it, except writing it now is making me mad all over again.

I felt bad as it was such a nice day but I couldn’t take Makenna to the park as the guy who takes care of the garden (lawn) was coming around 1pm and he didn’t leave until 3:30-4:00pm. She was already in a nap by then. We didn’t take her tonight either as there’s too much to do in planning our next brief trip this weekend as it’s a bank holiday and Chris gets a three day weekend. Plus, she’s still sick with a runny nose and a whiny attitude that can be very over-bearing at times. She is still hopping from one ailment or need to another. As soon as she gets one cry out about this or that, she’s immediately on to the next thing. She starts crying to watch “Wallace and Grommet” and as soon as we say, “You want to watch Wallace & Grommet” she says, “okay, Madagascar.” So now we’re confused as to which one she wants and asks her which of the two and she throws in a third thing.

I hope this cold goes away soon and doesn’t fester to the rest of us…for a change.

No comments: