Friday, May 8, 2009

5May2009: Day 344: Birdie Sleeping

More laundry after another long weekend away – joy of all joys! I grumbled quite a bit last night about how I’m sick of doing laundry. I love the smell of fresh clean laundry but am darn right tired of constantly doing it.

As I stepped out the back door this morning, I saw a dead bird on our back patio area. I was able to keep Makenna away from it until the afternoon. She saw it and I yelled at her to stop and not touch it (I was trying to get lunch ready). She saw it and said, “birdie.” I agreed and then she said, “He’s sleeping.” I agreed again. I’m not about to get into the aspects of life and death with her at this point. She then said, “He’s tired.” “Yes, he’s tired,” I agreed. I saved the “present” as I called it, for Chris to take of when he got home. I was too nervous to touch it with all the weird diseases going around.

Makenna also enjoyed “driving” the car while I put away groceries and hung up laundry. She usually likes to get into the glove compartment and make a mess so that when I show up she says, “Uh-oh, what a mess.” When I got there, she didn’t really get into the glove compartment but still said, “What did you do? What a mess.” I had to see what she was talking about. She was pointing at a place where my gum used to be. Then she’d point at the cigarette lighter which is open for our GPS connection. I look in there and what do I see? Yup…a piece of gum shoved down to the bottom. Wonderful. We luckily have these Bamboo sticks and I was able to use that to get the wadded up gum out. I found the rest of the gum in a compartment…the rest that I know of at this point.

I also thought I came up with this grand idea in trying to get her to eat peas. I bought a small can of them and mixed them in with her noodles. Well, she picked them out or spit them out along with any food attached to it – so much for good ideas. I tried to mush them in but still no luck. I guess because they were canned. She’s eaten peas once or twice before so I was hoping that it would be this easy.

Dinner wasn’t any better. We tried to get her to eat just two penne noodles with sauce so that daddy could take her to the park. It must’ve taken close to a half hour for her to finally eat them. We kept saying, “last chance,” and then giving her more chances. He finally took her to the park and she was so cute all dressed up in her wellies and rain coat and her little camera from Brussels. It wasn’t raining but she had gotten her shoes all wet at nursery jumping in puddles.

She’s also at the stage of repeating her comments over and over and over, etc. Tonight Chris and Makenna were watching Star Trek and she wanted to move on to another show but we told her to let this show finish and she could watch one of her own. She repeated,” Let it finish,” about eight of nine times while he was trying to watch it.

No comments: