Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10Feb2009: Day 260: Growl

When kids are picked up at nursery, they all run to their mothers or dads with open arms, all excited to see them. Not Makenna. She runs out all excited to see me but then takes an immediate detour to show me all the things she played with that day. Today was no exception. She ran out, pointed to this big table of mucky water and started saying, “oh no, no, no, no touch.” Since she was wearing a different shirt than the one she came in, which was a long-sleeved turtleneck and this was a short sleeved shirt, I assumed she was reenacting something that was told to her earlier.

Sure enough, I went around looking for her shirt and one of the workers brought it to me off of a heater. She had dove into the water, arms and all to play. Another worker came out stating how much she loves playing in the water. In fact, when they were trying to find her another shirt, she went in again. Makenna was also very friendly as we left, waving bye to everyone and saying bye. She even specifically stopped and waved and said goodbye to this one little boy (older than her though,) as he sat in his pushcart.

I had to get groceries after picking her up so I came prepared and brought some cereal in a small container. Unfortunately, half way through shopping she bumped my hand and they went flying everywhere. I felt bad, but I was like, “oh well, it goes with the spilled sugar on the floor” – not from us though.

At nap time, Makenna requested her dolly. So I got it out from behind the TV cabinet, where she had put it, and she gave it a big hug. She mentioned that it needed to brush teeth and change nappy. I said that dolly didn’t have to have her nappy changed as she goes on the potty. When we got to the bathroom, she almost literally put the doll in the toilet. I luckily grabbed it quickly enough and told her that it goes on the little potty. I then put the doll on the little potty and Makenna actually made a growl type noise, grabbed her off the potty and said, “No.” Then she pushed the potty back under the sink where I had gotten it from. She got up on her step and said, “Brush teeth.” I guess she spoke her mind about that whole idea.

No comments: