Thursday, February 12, 2009

12Feb2009: Day 262: TB Boppers

Makenna and I went to the sing/song playgroup this morning. It’s called Teeny Boppers but Makenna calls it TB Boppers, like some kind of illness that you need to be inoculated against. Makenna is really singing a lot of different songs that it all runs together. She may start out singing hokey cokey, or hokey donkey as she calls it, then go into wheels on the bus, then in to Baa Baa black sheep. There are other songs that she can throw in there to mix it up. She’s like a DJ with her own singing mix.

She also surprised me during lunch by doing a run down of our day so far. She said how she dropped a cookie at playgroup, how we then went to the park and she went down the slide and how she’s supposed to hold hands in the parking lot. I love hearing her reiterate what she remembers from the day. It just shows how much she’s grown and how much I can understand her.

At night, I was running a bath for her and let her put her various toys into the tub while I stepped out to get a couple of towels, a diaper, and her pj’s. While I was doing this, she came out and said very clearly, “What’s going on? It’s bath time!” It was a very definitive statement clearly telling me that I should be in the bathroom helping her to get into the bath. I got a good chuckle out of that one. Near the end of the bath, to show off for daddy, she started doing something that I had forgotten that I used to love to do when I was young. That’s slide up and down the tub by pushing off one end with your feet and then sliding back down and doing it over again. It’s amazing how little kids can bring you back to your own childhood at times.

Then she made me laugh when she was done with her bath, yelled down the stairs, “Chris? Do you have poopy butt, need wipes?” She was again copying what Chris had said to her last night. Again, another example about everything you say that can be used against you in the mouth of Makenna.

No comments: