Monday, February 9, 2009

9Feb2009: Day 259: I Laughing

All day today Makenna has been watching different things, laughing, and then coming up to me saying, "I laughing." Sometimes she'll add, "I laughing, that's funny." She's mostly been laughing at the new rental we have "Kung Fu Panda." She calls it "Ku Panda." I think it's cute that she recognizes the act of what she's doing. I also have been thinking about how much she can understand and communicate with us from even just four months ago. Of course we can't always understand her or she doesn't always express what she needs without whining.

She also had her first taste of lamb tonight. That whole Lamb Tikka recipe wasn't going to work out, at this time, as we need a food processor. Since we have to borrow one from someone, we just ended up cooking the lamb tonight. She actually liked it, but of course she had it with A1 sauce.

She's on the phone right now with her Grandma Jones wishing her a Happy Birthday! She took the phone and walked away, and is chatting up a storm. We decided to Skype so they could see her and as Chris was trying to set up the video camera on our end the battery died. Chris mentioned the battery died and Makenna goes, "oh, battery." Chris got up to get another one and said not to touch the computer. Makenna then looked at me, pointed to the computer and said, "don't touch, daddy." I knew she meant not to touch daddy's computer but I just thought it was funny how it came out. She's parroting everything that Chris is saying right now.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed, I was reading her "Thank You God For All the Animals." I usually read the "Thank You God for All The..." and have her fill in the animal on the page. Then I have her tell me what the animal says. Tonight, she added her own twist. The first page says "Thank You God for Sheep." Makenna said sheep but then when I asked her what sheep say, she said, "Hello, Hello, Hello." I said, "Sheep don't say hello, what do sheep say?" She then responded appropriately with "Baa." The next page is of a horse and again when I asked what does a horse say, she responded with hello. When we got to the cow instead of hello she said, "bye." She then said "drink" as the book says that cows give us milk to drink. She took the book herself and started reading the pages and again mentioned cows give us drink.

One last congrats to go out today...to my dad...who is now engaged to his girlfriend Lori! Congratulations!

No comments: