Sunday, February 8, 2009

8Feb2009: Day 258: Fo Fight

Church as usual today. Makenna was happy that she could finally get her bread. She started speaking very loudly, “bread, it’s coming, it’s coming.” Hannah’s mom had quite a chuckle about it. Makenna also started singing Hokey Pokey again but her “ooh hokey donkey.” That had me laughing.

Speaking of Hannah, her parents are close to having her potty trained and I have to say, it’s 10 days until Hannah’s second birthday and I’m a bit jealous. They brought a training potty with them to church today and her dad mentioned how much money they’re saving on “nappies” (diapers) now. There are accidents but they are getting it done.

Makenna saw, and I mentioned, how Hannah was going potty and all of a sudden Makenna needed a “nappy change.” I had just changed her about five minutes prior so I knew darn well she didn’t need one. Hopefully, this will get her thinking more about it. I did again try and get her to sit on the potty before her bath this morning but shrieks of “no, no, no” is all I heard, so I didn’t force her. Oh well, in time. I’ll just keep working on it by talking to her about it and getting her pulling her pants down and up.

Makenna still likes me to read her nursery rhymes at night and one that she likes is “inky doe doe” (Yankee Doodle Dandy). She also has this thing now where she’s constantly saying, “share, share,” as she takes away the thing from you that she wants. So she wants you to share with her but not vice versa. In fact, she got quite upset when I let Hannah look at a book of hers, so I then let Makenna have it and gave Hannah another one, then Makenna was upset with that.

Yesterday at the observatory as Chris was looking around and I was keeping an eye on Makenna there was a clock behind a wooden box. It showed all the gears and workings with explanations on the door flaps that you could open on the box. Makenna started opening the doors and for some reason thought there should be a horse in their. So she kept saying, “where’s horsey? No horsey.” She did pretty well over all as she could pretty much run around where she wanted at these different places. She of course constantly headed for the stairs at the Queen’s house so we had to keep rein on her their. Chris kept threatening that he would put her in the pushcart if she didn’t stay with us. I finally told him to just put her in a corner of the room we were in and have her sit. She was good about staying put when he did that.

Back on Monday when we were in Scotland, Makenna really enjoyed throwing snow at daddy. She talked about it for days afterwards. This video below is of Makenna throwing snow at daddy – or having a “fo fight” – snowball fight. She really enjoys him being hit with snow.

Another thing I had forgotten about our trip was on Chris’s birthday and the next two to three days after. On Sunday, Chris’s birthday, we gave him a card from each of us and a couple of presents. The next morning, Makenna woke up saying, “present time,” and did this for the next couple of days. I had to keep breaking it to her that not every morning is “present time.” Wouldn’t it be great if it was though?

No comments: