Thursday, February 5, 2009

4Feb2009: Day 254: Shovel!

Laundry, Laundry, and more laundry. I did at least five loads today and have at least 5 more to do albeit, not today. It was actually fairly warm which is good so that some of the remaining snow could melt.

It so amazes me that no one shovels their walks or parking lots. It’s like taking your life into your own hands. Walking from the car to the gym was nerve-wracking as I had Makenna. I was saying a quick silent prayer that I wouldn’t fall with her in my arms. I had done that back when she was about 7 or 8 months old in a parking lot and I really didn’t want to repeat that! Luckily we made it but I just want to say to the people, you’re so worried about law suits yet you don’t shovel!?!? In fact, one of the places we ate in York for lunch made us sign a waiver to take the rest of the fries that Makenna didn’t eat saying we wouldn’t sue them if we even as much as reheated them and she got sick. That was a first.

I was so tired that my workout was a bit lame, in my opinion but at least I did something. Makenna wasn’t much for paying attention to the swim instructions today nor did she want the arm bands on today whatsoever. So after fighting with her 20 minutes into the lesson, I gave up and we got out. She wanted to get out anyways. In the beginning she was all excited, before the lessons, as she was literally jumping into my arms from the steps. In fact, one time she jumped before I was there and got a bit of a shock as she started to go under, but she handled it well. She kept trying to find the “crock-a-dider” again too.

We went to the afternoon playgroup, sans Hannah and her sister and mom, and I asked some of the other mom’s there how much snow had actually fallen in the area. They all said at least three inches if not six. I then asked if a lot of snow had melted yesterday as this was really nothing to us. They did seem to say yes, that the sun was out and melted quite a bit of it. For some reason though, it doesn’t seem to melt it on the sidewalks or parking lots.


Something else that was interesting in York Cathedral was this one statue that had two right feet! I guess the story is that the master carver did a right foot and then he went off and told the apprentice to do one just like it - so he did - literally. Guess it's a good story to be careful what you ask for.

No comments: