Monday, December 15, 2008

15Dec2008: Day 203: Start of Packing

We had a typical day but in a different order. Our Mondays usually consist of going to the gym, swimming, then grocery shopping, then lunch, nap, dinner. Today since I only could get in late morning to the gym, we went grocery shopping, then to the gym and swimming. We only swam for a short time as it was after noon when we went swimming and she didn't really eat breakfast, so I knew she'd be pretty hungry.

Can I just reiterate how much more enjoyable Makenna is when she wakes up from a nap on her own. She's just happier and more agreeable. Anyways, after dinner, I started packing. I'm trying really hard to remember I'm only coming home for a couple of weeks and that I have some clothes that I left behind. I already have one suitcase packed - mostly of old clothes of Makenna's.

I found out today that my grandmother, who is 98 (will be 99 in Jan.) was moved into a Nursing Home. I applaud my brother Josh and his wife Autumn for all the care that they have given her over the years. Plus, my other brother Jared and his wife Jessica for their help and support. This was a very hard decision for Josh but he's done all he can for her and I knew that a lot of us were (are) nervous that she will pass quickly now that she's not at home around family. But from what he's said, so far, she's doing quite well and is in good spirits. I hope this can continue and she'll be able to enjoy some more time around some new people and feel comforted in that she has someone around 24 hours a day. She's lost her two remaining siblings this past year and is the last surviving member of her family.

I'm excited about tomorrow as Makenna is supposed to be in a small play of sorts at her nursery. I have no false ideas that she'll actually stay and do her part. I fully expect her to run up to me and then not want to leave and do her part. But who knows, maybe she'll surprise me. I hope to capture a picture but I'll mostly be trying to video tape it so I'm not sure how many pictures I'll get - if any.

No comments: