Sunday, December 21, 2008

21Dec2008: Day 209: Seeing Friends & Family

We were able to go to church today and it's sooo much easier having Sacrament meeting first. Makenna was pretty well behaved and was hesitant at first about going into nursery, but then went in and had a good time. It was so very nice to see lots of friends and even some family. I talked to so many people today and I think Chris had the same experience going to his church which he also misses.

What was nice is that they had a cookie exchange and pot-luck dinner after church. So I got to stay after and see and talk to more people. I was nervous about what Makenna would eat, but someone made this rice and peas casserole that she just couldn't get enough of. She was actually picking the peas out of the rice and eating them! Now if I tried to just cook her peas, she wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. She also found the brownies up on the table and had no problem helping herself to them. In fact, someone was talking to me and my back was to her and she was just shoveling in brownies without my knowledge until I turned around and caught her. I took her back to the table for her fourth helping of rice & peas and when she finished that, she wanted more. I went up and she followed, and I found out it was more so that she could get at the brownies. I came back from looking for some more and she was now at the brownies with a fork! I ushered her away and said, "okay you're done!"

We got home and I put her down for a nap and I took one myself. I think the jet-lag is really hitting us all today. Chris came home from church after 6pm - but he went out shopping for a bit - and he was beat tired. He went to bed shortly after Makenna did. Makenna was only up from her nap about 2 hours and saying that she wanted a nap again. So she went down a bit earlier than usual for the night. I'm the only fool still up trying to get Christmas cards done. I think I'm going to call it a day though and finish them tomorrow.

No comments: