Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2Dec2008: Day 190: I Stink

Makenna had nursery again this morning and she was not too happy that I was leaving her. I felt bad, but the worker said to just go and she'd calm down. Which, she did (from what they told me when I came back for her). Part of the reason for taking her to nursery was so that I could go to the gym and then go home and get things done. But by the time I get home and showered that leaves me about half-hour to forty-five minutes to get things done. Not as much time as I had hoped. Better than nothing though.

I picked her up and we went home for lunch. Shortly after lunch Makenna came up to me and said, "I stink." I was like, "do you?" She replied, "no." So I took a look and sure enough she had gone. I was trying to praise her for telling me but she didn't want to be changed. She didn't win that battle obviously but I was trying to reinforce how glad I was that she was telling me. I can usually tell within minutes from her going regardless but I know this is another step towards potty training. Hannah has been telling her mom this for a couple of weeks now, so I wasn't sure if she was just mimicking her. If she can keep this up, it will help daddy as he can never tell unless I tell him. Ignorance is bliss in Chris's mind in regards to this.

I tried to take her to story time at Chatham library. I knew she would be tired so I tried keeping her awake on the drive their (which is only about 10 minutes away). But, I couldn't find it. The GPS took me to the street but there was no obvious sign stating "library here" and it was on a busy street. I would've had to park in a car-park area and walk around looking. It was raining a bit and like I said she was tired. I'll have to call them and ask them next time I try. By the time we got home, she was asleep. So I just carried her up to bed and put her down. I'll miss being able to carry her in another few years. It's hard to believe how much she's grown already.

We had to pick up daddy from work and got home and I made something new. It was spinach and ricotta tortellini. Chris was shocked because I don't like spinach but these don't taste overly spinachy (if that's a word). Makenna ate it and I was happy - another way to get vegetables into her.

Makenna's also starting to put more words together for sentences. You hear her say, "what did you do?" Again, another repeat of what she hears us say to her. She usually proceeds it with an "uh-oh".

No comments: