Saturday, December 20, 2008

20Dec2008: Day 208: Exhausted

Makenna woke up about 8am and I let her talk on and off until 8:30am. Then I decided to just get up with her as I wasn't really sleeping anyways. After a bit, we made some phone calls to let family know we made it.

After going throw a ton of mail, we went over to Chris's parents for a light lunch and to leave Makenna so we could get some shopping done. Ahh, the joys of Vestal Parkway and the Mall. Of course our first stop had to be Sam's Club. We ended up buying a lot of things on a list we made back in England of things to take back with us. We then got over to the mall and picked up some more things on our list, plus did a little Christmas shopping.

We went back to Chris's parents to get Makenna and then to meet a couple of my brother's for dinner at a proper Chinese Buffet! Ah, nothing like the fattening deep fried General Tso's and Sesame Chicken. We then ran to Staples for a couple of things and then to the grocery store. Our second trip to the grocery store as we had to stop before going to Chris's parents for some diapers for Makenna. We had brought exactly enough to get us through our trip on the plane and the morning.

Makenna went with no nap and grandma & grandpa's so needless to say, during dinner she was not too much fun but she was able to make it through the two shopping trips after but was totally crashed out by the time we got home around 9pm. She was at least agreeable for the most part as I got her dressed for bed. It was like trying to dress a zombie - I would imagine - as I obviously have never dressed a zombie - nor do I ever intend to. Of course, I'm in a zombie state myself so I'm heading off to bed and looking forward to seeing a lot of people at church tomorrow along with my 98 (almost 99) year old grandmother.

No comments: