Friday, December 5, 2008

5Dec2008: Day 193: Well, That Changes Things

Makenna was supposed to go to St. Marks Nursery but when we got their, they had to cancel for the day as they had no heating. So that changed my plans of going to the gym...at that time. I called to get her into the nursery at the gym but they didn't have an opening until the afternoon. So we just went back home.

I decided to pack a few things for upcoming trip home. I have a bunch of clothes that don't fit Makenna anymore that we'll pass to cousin Katie. We gave a few things to Hannah (mostly pajamas or pyjamas as they spell it here). Plus I've picked up a few Christmas gifts to bring back with us so I got those packed. There was also about 4 or 5 dresses I wasn't sure if they'd fit Makenna any longer so we played dress-up. Well, I played dress-up while Makenna humored me. All the while, she was getting into things of mine. I guess it was a fair trade. They all fit, until I decided to keep one on her and I realized, it's really shorter than I realized. So today was the last day she wore that dress. That will be going home. I also have a pair of red boots that I love of hers and I put them back on her, trying to remember why I put them away. I know there was some reason but she wore them today so I think she can still wear them.

Then we just watched a movie. She watched, while I watched last night's "Survivor" episode on YouTube. Thank goodness for YouTube (and those diligent to post the shows pretty quickly). Then it was lunch and to the gym. We went to the grocery store after to pick up a few things. While at the store, someone stopped me and said my name. I was shocked as I had no idea who this person was. She said her name and I said, "from where?" Then she mentioned she had come to our fourth of July party. Then I remembered. She asked how we're settling in and how things were. She said she knew it was me from Makenna. She saw Makenna and knew who she was. It was probably hard to recognize me too as I had my hair back and I was all sweaty.

Got home and after her usual afternoon yogurt, she went down for a nap. She's getting more adamant about being independent. She wants to spoon the yogurt herself until she gets down to the end. She also has been fighting me on brushing her teeth. She wants to do it first. I usually do it and then let her do it. That may have to change. As long as we get it done. Chris also came home early (just before 4pm). That's only because he had a doctor's appointment. Maybe I should schedule an appointment for him every week.

Tonight, I talked to my girlfriend Katie and wished her a very happy birthday. Katie and I were in college together in Syracuse. I won't mention how old she is but we both can't believe how time has flown since college. She has 4 girls and home schools them. It's always good to talk with her and catch up. So Happy Birthday Katie!

No comments: