Tuesday, December 16, 2008

16Dec2008: Day 204: Angel

Well, just as I predicted...Makenna didn't really stay in the play. She cried and clung to me like a vice when I first dropped her off. Then it gave me enough time (barely,) to run home, and clean the upstairs. I rushed back and the place was full of people. I went over to one side of the room and I was hoping to get a good shot of Makenna. She came out in this cute angel outfit (sans the halo literally and physically,) and she saw me, but they were able to actually get her into a seat.

Unfortunately, where they placed her was perpendicular to where I was and there was a staff person sitting on the side near me. So I had to move and I went to the other side of the room. I tried getting some shots from this position, but again, there was another adult in the seat in front of her - so she was blocked - yet again. How frustrating! Plus, when I was able to get a quick shot of her on the camera, I was shaky and the pictures came out fuzzy. I was surprised that she stayed in her seat. I was able to get a bit of her on film when they were singing. There was one song that she got into which was a version of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" - they changed the words a bit but she was making some of the hand motions. I love this picture even though it's a tad fuzzy. But it's like she's looking up to heaven saying, "please save me from this."
Then....they got up to move to a different spot - more on center stage - and that was it. She ran to me and never left. I tried getting her to go back and sit with the kids and sing but all I heard was, "no, no, no." I tried coaxing her a few times but the answer was the same. After, they had some cookies and mince pies. I actually tried a mince pie - my one and only try. It was pretty different. Their version of "fruit cake" in my opinion.

After, we left and went home for lunch and Makenna somehow found some cat poop or something out in the backyard and had stepped in it before coming in. Then when she was in a chair, she had sat back on her shoe - so now it was on her jeans. Wonderful!

Here's a good idea for a Christmas gift - A few times today, Makenna started to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." I was without my camera as usual. She was singing a lot of the words - but of course, most were unintelligible but I could make out most of them. So, what I need - if they even make one, is a mini video camera that I can wear. If I wore the digital camera we have now around my neck, Makenna would constantly be grabbing for it.
Tomorrow should be another interesting day as Santa or Father Christmas as the call him over here, is coming to the playgroup to hand out gifts to the kids. I already bought Makenna a small gift for Santa to bring for her. I'm wondering if she'll be as scared since Hannah will be there too. But I assume I'll have to go up and get the gift with her. Hopefully there will be some more cute pictures.

No comments: