Monday, December 22, 2008

22Dec2008: Day 210: More Running Around

I'm still not quite adjusted to the time yet. I went to bed late and got up around 5am. Of course, Makenna had a small hand in that as she woke up talking around 5am but she fell back to sleep - whereas I couldn't. So After a half hour of trying to fall back to sleep, I just got up and got some things done.

Chris & I had our dentist appointments today for our cleanings, and then we finally were able to go Christmas shopping for Makenna. We had to also pick up a mailbox as the "wonderful" kids around here smash ours every few years or so. Then we picked up Makenna from Chris's parents house and took her to buy new shoes. She grew two sizes in six months! So all the hand-me-down shoes that we have will just about fit her. We found some winter boots that we've had stored here and right now they are too big for her but they'll do.

I was also to stop into work for a few minutes and say hi to a scant few who happened to be working around the holidays. It was nice to see some people and Makenna walked into one person's office as if it was her own. She picked up the phone and started talking and then got on the computer. It was as if she was a little executive in the making. I hope to stop back again with Makenna to see a few more people.

Tonight, Chris and I had the opportunity to go out to dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our steaks. It truly is an amazing difference from England. Chris and I figure it has to be that the cows over here are corn-fed and they aren't over their. The texture and taste is so much better here.

We're looking forward to tomorrow night where we'll have a chance to see a lot of our friends and their kids at a Christmas get together.

No comments: