Monday, December 8, 2008

8Dec2008: Day 196: We are blessed

Makenna and I went and picked up Hannah and her mom and sister and went to visit another mom in the church who has three young kids (although one is in school). Talking with her and listening to all that she's struggling with right now made me realize how truly blessed we are. I realize I complain, mostly to Chris, and occasionally in the blog, about how I wish Chris would come home earlier from work. I know he wishes he could too, and hearing this woman today, made me realize that I should be grateful for all that we have and again to be thankful for the opportunity to be over here to see this country. I'm also blessed, and I believe I've said this before, that I have this opportunity to see Makenna grow and learn. If I had stayed back in the states and worked, I would've missed out on a lot I wouldn't have even realized. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely days I wish I was at work instead of dealing with an obstinate two year old, but at the end of the day, (especially days that went well,) I'm glad and grateful to spend that time with her.

I'm also grateful that when Hannah and the little boy Xander, decided to play in the kitty litter box that Makenna decided not to. I have to say, that today, I'm truly grateful for that! Unfortunately, it was a play date of sick kids. Pretty much all five of the kids had runny noses. Makenna was probably second in the running for the worse runny nose. I was just trying to keep Makenna from mouthing all the toys. I hope this stage stops soon. I can't stand watching her put things in her mouth that are either gross or that other kids most likely had in their mouths just perpetuating the forever illness that she seems to have.

By the time we left and got Hannah and family home, we only had a half-hour to eat lunch and get ready to go to the gym. Luckily, Makenna wasn't too hungry so lunch didn't take long. After, we had to run to the grocery store - which seems like we go every other day (but that's partly because of small refrigerators). Then on the way home, she crashed. I basically carried her up to bed and put her down for her nap. It's those times where I carry her and her head is resting on my shoulder that I'm going to miss as she starts to grow.

No comments: