Wednesday, December 3, 2008

3Dec2008: Day 191: Fine, Fine

You know when you give up or give in and you say, "Fine, fine" in a somewhat exasperated voice? Well, guess who is saying it now. She's said it the past but this week so far, she seems to say it a few times a day. For example, we'll be sitting eating dinner and she'll ask for a fork, so I repeat, "you want a fork?" She goes, "okay, fine, fine" Remember that okay is "yes" to her, so she pauses between okay and fine, fine. But she has that exasperated sound in her voice when she says it. Hmm, no guess as to who she picked that up from.

This morning instead of play group, Makenna and I went to Hempstead Valley Shopping Center. It's only about 15 minutes away by car. I needed to pick up a couple of things as gifts for her for up coming Christmas parties. This kid has more parties planned in the next two weeks than I can keep track of. Even one on the day we're supposed to fly out, which I think we'll be able to go to as our flight isn't until 4pm or so, and the party is in the morning.

We went to our normal afternoon playgroup, where Makenna really enjoyed using glue and glitter to make a star. She was actually very upset when I got her down. She got upset one other time too, that I don't recall why. I think she was just tired.

There are times when you can tell she's getting confused by what inflection to use with words. Today I could hear her say "hot" but she was saying it like "hwat" (that's the best way I can spell how it sounds). Then she'd switch to the "hot" I'm used to hearing.

She's also always trying to "help" me by cleaning. She'll pick up washcloths or paper towels and start wiping things like the table or bathtub. Most of the time it's not hurting anything. Now we're trying to have her help us take things from the dining room into the kitchen like her cup or something to the refrigerator like the butter.

Did we mention she loves to brush her teeth? She does it usually three to four times a day. Hopefully this will be a habit she'll keep and she won't need to have whitening done. If she had her way, she'd also be in the bathtub five times a day.

No comments: