Friday, January 2, 2009

1Jan2009: Day 220: First Day of the New Year

The day was spent mostly at home until dinner time. Then we went to dinner with my dad and his girlfriend Lori, brother Brant, and my uncle Bruce & aunt Tammy from NC, and their two kids Ryan and Caitlin. It's amazing to see how fast these two have grown up. It does truly show you how quickly kids grow and again reminds me of how I'm so grateful to have this time to spend with Makenna in England.

My brother Josh and his wife Autumn and little girl Katie came over to the house and we played some games. I enjoy getting together with family and friends and having a good laugh over games. This picture is of my brother Jared, his wife Jessica, and their boy Elijah, along with Katie, and Makenna.

I thought I'd start the new year with a thought to pass along. Back in the Summer in England, I had a Home Teacher (someone from the church who comes to visit on a monthly basis,) and he encouraged me to think about if Christ appeared today, what ten things would He be proud of and say, "Good Job, keep up the good work." Then he said, what ten things would Christ like to see me improve on. He encouraged me to write both the good things and things to improve on, and to remember to look at the good works as I start to work on the things I need to improve on. I did write down both lists, even though it took me quite a while, and I started from that day, to work on the improvements, not that I have to do them all at one time. I was able to make some progress on that list and I hope to continue to improve on them and be able to move them to the "good works" column at some point. I suggest this year instead of making "resolutions" - especially about losing weight - which almost all of us feel we need to do - you remember that Christ wants you to be healthy but more spiritually than physically.

No comments: