Monday, January 5, 2009

5Jan2009: Day 224: Exhausted!

Our flight had to fly around the airport a few times and we were able to finally land at 7am (England time). I was just glad to get out of the plane. When we got all our stuff and stood outside waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for the rental company van, I just stood out there without my coat. It was cold and had snowed (didn't we just leave that!?) - but it felt good. I had Chris call the rental company again and tell them that we wanted them to come pick us up today in case they thought that we wanted to stand outside until tomorrow - Can you tell I exhausted and cranky! No sleep can do that to you.

We finally got our new rental car which is smaller then our old one. Chris was able to get everything in and I enjoyed the leather heated seats. It put me to sleep pretty much right away. We got home about 11am and Chris's coffee had kicked in as he was unpacking and putting away all the loot we brought back. I on the other hand was watching t.v. with Makenna and falling asleep. I finally got up and started to help to try and keep me awake. After lunch, we put Makenna down for her usual nap time to try to get her on schedule. I again, napped on and off. Chris did some work.

We got Makenna up - who was very reluctant and actually started to fall back to asleep on me in the living room - and we went grocery shopping. Back to the expensive food and the carts that move sideways. Chris noted that the first time we shopped, we had no idea what to buy but now we have a set standard of things. Got home and made dinner and now are getting ready to all go to bed. We are beat. As I was typing this Chris finally started to nod off. Hopefully we'll be able to get back into our normal sleeping patterns and routines for the days. We'll have to see if I can get to the gym tomorrow (as I need to from all the food I ate while I was home,) and Makenna to nursery.

No comments: