Thursday, January 8, 2009

8Jan2009: Day 227: Foggy Day!

Another late morning sleep for Makenna - can I just say - YEAH! I'm starting to actually put her to bed a little bit earlier every night. Most nights we put her to bed between 9 - 9:30pm and she would wake up like clockwork between 7-7:30pm. But with the past two days of her sleeping until 8-8:30am I've been moving back her time. So last night we put her to bed about 8:45pm and tonight we went up at 8:30pm - so we'll see what time she gets up tomorrow.

We went to the playgroup in Ellsworth today - the one where we sing and dance (called Teeny Boppers). Makenna was really excited to see Bex (Rebecca) and Josh (her son) and newborn baby Jake. Josh's dad, Nigel was also their. He was off from work, and Makenna enjoyed climbing all over him. Bex is the one who first started taking me to Teeny Boppers back when we lived in Maidstone. She would come pick Makenna and I up and take us. I'll always be grateful to her as it got me out of the teeny tiny apartment and it was back when I was afraid to drive, and it gave me someplace different to go besides downtown Maidstone.

I did happen to ask Nigel about the lack of people doing anything about the ice where people walk. He said that it's just not something they do. They're not required and people don't sue if they fall. I was surprised to hear that as in the states, people sue for stubbing their toe on your sidewalk. Bex said she was surprised that people over here don't sue as she said they sue for everything else.

I swear the whole town of Gillingham was in a cloud today. As I was driving to Teeny Boppers, I was driving in fog, and then as we got out of the area, it became sunny and clear. Then on our way home, their were signs to slow down as we were getting closer to home, warning us of fog. I was thinking, "yeah right" as it was after 12pm by the time we were getting home, but sure enough as soon as we hit Gillingham, it was like I was driving through the clouds again. It stayed that way all day. I could look out the front window and just see this heavy fog. I've never seen a place where it was foggy all day.

Lately, Makenna has been saying "tummy, tummy" and when I ask what's wrong with her tummy she'll tell me "tummy full." Tonight, after getting up from her nap, she came into the kitchen as I was cooking and she lifted up her shirt and started rubbing her her tummy in circles and saying "yum, yum, tummy full." I think she was just excited that we were having chicken and rice (Indian style - meaning with Indian sauce).

No comments: