Monday, January 5, 2009

4Jan2009: Day 223: Return to England

We were able to go to church one last time to say goodbye to friends and family. Then we had to leave early to make sure that we made our flight on-time. Chris had packed everything yesterday and then packed the car this morning so we just had to get home and wait for my brother Josh to take us down (p.s. - Thank you Josh!) We got into the city at 3pm but it took us about an hour to get to JFK. We got all checked in and had some time before the flight so Chris went on this long trek to hunt and kill food - at least that's what it seemed like - as it took him forever.

We decided to fore-go the baby seat on the plane and had Makenna sit in her seat without it. I was iffy about the idea as I figured it would be hard for her to fall asleep and I was right. It took her over five hours to fall asleep. She had a hard time stretching out, which is what she wanted to do. It was good though, in the sense that she wasn't kicking the chair in front of her and she didn't really care about getting up to walk around. We had her portable DVD working too so that helped as she could watch some of the movies she wanted.

I unfortunately had this seat that wouldn't stay reclined. So every time I sat up to shift, the seat came back up with me. It was very aggravating. Then I had this woman in front of me who seemed to want to sit on my lap as she made sure her chair reclined all the way back. I was debating whether to have Makenna sit on my lap and kick her chair a few times. Plus, I was hot and uncomfortable as Makenna was trying to stretch out and I couldn't really get up to turn on the air. Chris was able to get up for me but then it just dried out my contacts. I just had a hard time this flight. I was starting to get aggravated with the flight attendant constantly interrupting on the intercom about this thing or that when I was trying to watch a movie. Maybe I need a baby seat next time we return.

No comments: