Thursday, January 1, 2009

31Dec2008: Day 219: Happy New Year 2009

The day started out a bit somber as I had to attend a funeral for a lovely woman in my church who passed away the day after Christmas. It was a wonderful service and sad to see her go, but she's blessed in that she's no longer suffering. I liked how one speaker put that it was apt that clean white snow was covering the earth as a renewal on the day before the new year. While I was at the funeral, Chris and Makenna went to his parents house and I showed up over their after the services and luncheon.

The rest of the day, after a couple of errands, was just spent at home. We were hoping to go to a friends house to ring in the new year, but since he was all partied out from the Tuesday party before Christmas, he decided to cancel. Unfortunately, this also messed up the plans of other people who were hoping to get the chance to visit with us one last time before we return to England.
My brother had invited another couple over to the house and we played some games and rang in the new year, so it was pretty low key. Maybe one year, we'll plan a big hoopla and go out, but it's kind of hard with small kids as you have to wake up when they do the next day.

To end the year, I thought I'd post a picture of Makenna with Grandpa Avery, back from Christmas, and a sound bite that we got of Makenna singing "Baa Baa Black Sheep." The sound clip was taken while we were driving in the car.

No comments: