Tuesday, January 27, 2009

27Jan2009: Day 246: Share

Share is Makenna's word of the day. After dinner we were playing with her toys, specifically her puzzles and I was just holding the puzzle base for her to put the pieces into and she took it from me and said, "share." I find this comical because she has said this in the past as she snatches away the thing that you're supposed to be sharing with her. She then went on to say "share with kids." It goes well with her pushing my hand away as she says it. Tonight, she was pushing a toy bus towards Chris and he grabbed a hold of it and Makenna grabbed it back saying, "Share daddy." She also said "easy peasy" that she mimicked from "Horton Hears A Who." She's picking up way too many things from that. She asks for ice cream in the morning and for a drink before bed - both of which are in the movie.

Today she talked with my mom on the phone for a long time, and anytime I tried to get the phone back, she just pushed my hand away. When I said that it was my turn and can I please have the phone, she replied "no" and then would continue talking. I guess I should've said, "share." It was funny to actually hear Makenna just chat away on the phone. She usually smiles and runs away when she hears the faceless voice. My mom was asking her all these questions to which she replied "no" and then went on to talk about other unrelated things. The funny thing was that all the questions my mom was asking her were really "yes" answers. Such as did she have breakfast, did she just get done eating lunch, does she go swimming, etc.

I also took Makenna to the Chatham library today for story time. It was a huge crowd - Makenna, myself, and the librarian. I asked if it was usually this crowded and she said it varies. She said that they are thinking about changing the time and I said that this time was the best time for us, even though most days she'd be taking a nap about now (2:15pm). Makenna enjoyed helping flip the flaps on the book and sat as still as she possibly could during the few books that were read. She also took out a couple of books from the shelves along with empty DVD cases.

I unfortunately couldn't take out any books because I needed a valid ID (which I had,) but also a piece of mail, such as a bill, with my name and current address. Since I don't get bills here, I asked if a Tesco or Sainsbury piece of mail with my name would do as that's the only thing that really comes in my name. Tesco & Sainsbury are the grocery stores over here, among many. They said that would be fine. The bad thing is that they only send me mail maybe once every couple of months. So it might be a bit before we can take any books out. Not sure if I'll go back until I can take out books unless I have the energy and Makenna seems awake enough to go. She was luckily awake enough to go today but by the time we got home around 3pm she definitely needed her nap. She was very cranky and demanding - in other words - a typical two year old.

No comments: