Thursday, January 29, 2009

29Jan2009: Day 248: Gobow Warmeen

I am finding that taking medication that may cause drowsiness is not a good thing for me to take as it causes me to be drowsy and miserable. A couple of months ago I took a NyQuil - big mistake. I dragged all the next day. Well, Chris told me to take a Zyrtec and that it may cause drowsiness in some people. Unfortunately, I was one of them. I still carried on with my day but boy it was not easy.

I took Makenna to the sing/dance group hoping that would infuse some energy into me. Nope, I couldn't wait until it was over. I still went to my gym appointment and struggled all the way through it. I finally took a short half-hour nap in the afternoon when Makenna was napping. I think around dinner I woke up, not completely, but I had more energy than I had had all day. The bad news is that when I'm like this, I'm very short tempered. All the little things get me frustrated. I had to try really hard to realize that I was over-tired. I didn't succeed very often. I apologized to Makenna when I put her to bed for being such a grumpy mommy today. She called me grampa - I think she thought I said grandpa instead of grumpy. One of the things she did today was kick off her shoes in the car. Every time we got in the car, off went the shoes. This was just so unbelievably frustrating. I think most days I'd be a bit frustrated, but this just really got to me today. Not to mention that she just keeps picking up random things and throwing them in the recycling bin. Luckily it's just non-important things so far.

I think I mentioned a few posts ago about the little "Ice Age" short movie at the end of "Horton Hears a Who." Well anyways, we were watching the short movie and it mentions Global Warming and Makenna went around saying "Gobow Warmeen." I didn't understand her at first as she was watching it while I was in the kitchen cleaning up. After she said it a few times I figured it out. Since the movie was a rental from an on-line company similar to Netflix in the states, I had to return it so we could get our next movie in February. I'm sure when she asks to watch it, probably tomorrow, she'll be quite upset that we no longer have it. I've seen it about ten times at least in the past two weeks so it'll be a nice break.

The other thing she said today that at least brightened up my day was another copycat saying of mine. She started to go up the stairs and she told me to wait downstairs and that she'd be right back. She kept saying "woot here, I'll be right back." I don't know why "woot" instead of wait but it sounded like "woot." She kept saying it and I repeated it back as a question to her. She then went upstairs and then came back down.

At bedtime, we have this routine and at the end I give her kisses all over. Mostly on her belly and cheeks. Lately she's been asking me to kiss her cheeks, then her head, and then her teeth! I laugh and tell her I'm not kissing her teeth. She keeps asking and I just laugh and say she's silly. Thank goodness for cute, resilient kids who put up with their mommies who need to not take any drugs that could cause them to be drowsy and therefore cranky the next day. Here's hoping that I'm back up to full speed tomorrow as we have a big day ahead of us and a very busy weekend planned.

No comments: