Tuesday, January 6, 2009

6Jan2009: Day 225: Cheeky Monkey

Sleep, glorious sleep. I went to bed, I think around 9:30pm. I woke up around 2am and didn't fall back to sleep until 3am but that was due mostly to Makenna being up. Daddy finally got her something to drink and she settled back down.

She definitely got back into the swing of things as one of the first things she did this morning after getting up, was to go into the silverware drawer and take out some silverware and put them in her mouth and then leave them on the floor around the house. I then took her to nursery and I went to they gym. She actually didn't have a hard time when I left her. She was a bit hesitant but wasn't clingy and didn't cry. I was surprised, but glad that she's getting used to going now. I was also surprised that I had more energy while working out then I expected after not going for a couple of weeks. I did do one thing before I left, which was to sign Makenna up for swim classes. We start tomorrow.

Today, she was being what they would call here a "cheeky monkey" which is a light-hearted way of saying a "little stinker". Actually, the term cheeky monkey has many connotations but that's my spin on it. She was taking garbage out of the recyclables and then trying to put her coat, hat, mittens, and gloves in the washer/dryer (which she did yesterday too).

She also had a thing for her dolly today. She wanted her dolly to take a nap and she insisted it had to have the soft blanket. So when it was nap time, Makenna took her doll up to bed with her. She wanted it tonight too but I had forgotten it downstairs and her bear/blanket named "Kerrigan" filled dolly's place.

One thing I wanted to work on in the new year was to do family scripture reading. So I read the scriptures while Chris ate dinner and then Makenna, who has this fascination with the scriptures, decided that she wanted to read them also. So here are two videos of her reading scriptures and more or less, flipping through them. In the first one,which is just under two minutes, I think it's really cute how her hands start tapping the book and then at one point near the end, she finally starts reading (which you can't really understand what she's saying) and then she closes with Amen. I then prompt Chris to turn off the camera as that was a good stopping point.

The second movie, about 3.5 minutes, even though distracted by other things around her, says "that's tough" when she's in Leviticus and she copies me when I started reading - which is really cute. She mentions that something is a "good point" when she was in the Topical Guide. As I read in Revelations, she found what I read to be "gross" and Judges was "great." Then we tried to teach her some of the books of the Bible, but she started losing interest. At the end, she made sure to get in her smile.

No comments: