Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12Aug2008: Day 79: What's Your Name?

Today was exciting - Makenna said her name! She said "Makemma" but we were so excited. She was looking at a calendar of pictures of herself that I had made and I asked her who that was, pointing to her, and she said it. She hasn't said it since, and we've tried, but I guess we say it so much she figures we already know. Now we're trying to get her to say that she'll be two. She keeps saying three because I always count when we're doing things, "one, two, three" so she knows three.

I can hardly believe she'll be two already! She's grown so fast and I'm really blessed to have this opportunity to watch her grow and learn during this period of her life. Since this is the time she learns the most in her life. Even though, some days, I'd rather be working.

We got to go swimming today, but Makenna was tired so we only stayed in the pool for about 20 minutes, and she wanted to get out. She had a hard time going back to the nursery at the gym too. I think because we were together all last week every day that she either forgot about going to nursery or maybe she actually likes being with me instead.

One last thing, is we saw a very big red fox in the back yard tonight. We heard they were around, but had yet to see one.

No comments: