Friday, August 15, 2008

15Aug2008: Day 82: Stinker

Again, a double meaning for the title. The first is that Makenna is getting more defiant in that she purposely does things that we tell her not to, and then laughs when we have to go get her or get her to stop doing what we've asked her not to.

The second is that she has found the ability, to pass gas from her mouth and other regions, on purpose. She seems to especially enjoy the latter while she's in the bath tub. She starts giggling at her new discovery. She is getting quite proficient at burping during meals and we don't make a big deal of it but just try to tell her to say "excuse me". Which she will say more than half of the time. This ability to burp, really fulfills her middle name of "Jean", for those of you who knew my grandmother on my mother's side.

Other than that it was just a day of swimming, and going to the park. She again was a stinker at the park in that she kept trying to go up the big kids jungle gym and go on parts that she can't do alone. I helped her the best I could but at one point she went into a section where I couldn't get her and had to climb into things to get to her. Of course, she's laughing the whole time I'm telling her to "come here" and she's going the other direction. Luckily some bigger kids held her back until I could get to her.

Hopefully, we'll have some interesting posts from our exciting trip to France this weekend.

No comments: