Wednesday, August 20, 2008

20Aug2008: Day 87: Kisses

Another typical day for us here at home. The new thing is kisses. Makenna, when asked for kisses, would only do the kind where you blow them. Now, she's actually giving kisses. She gave me one on Sunday and I was excited but figured it might be a one time thing. But I've asked for them since then and she either ignores me, or gives them to me.

She has this blanket/bear thing that was given to her by her Great Aunt Sue (Chris's aunt) when she was a baby. We found that today, and she, on her own, started giving it lots of kisses. It was very cute. We're still working on hugs. She just typically lays her head down on your shoulder and says "ohhhh".

The other thing that amazes me is the thing she'll put in her mouth, except when I want her to - like food. She puts the most disgusting things in her mouth like her shoes, water from the bathtub, and baby lotion. I ask her to try a piece of cucumber or celery and she won't even try it. Maybe if I covered it in lotion or chocolate, it would work.

No comments: