Wednesday, August 27, 2008

27Aug2008: Day 94: 2 More months

I can't believe my little baby is 22 months old today! Time really does fly when you're trying to get an almost 2 year old to bend to your will when she's trying so hard to exert her own.

She's getting more daring in her climbing. She climbs up onto chairs and reaches for thing that places her in a precarious position. She also climbs up onto chairs to get on top of the dining room table. Plus, she climbs up both flights of stairs, up to the third floor, to look at the books that the previous owners have up there. I take 5-10 minutes to vacuum a room and I turn around and she's "MIA". I know we've been very diligent about closing the bathroom doors so I pretty much know where she's at. I get up there and she says "books". I say, "I know they're books, but they are not our books and we need to ask permission to look at these books." She says, "books" - like she's trying to say, "but mom, they're different books."

Plus the whole driving thing. She constantly is saying, "home, home" which means, I want to drive. Anytime we're going to the car or leaving the car, "home, home". So today, I sat in the car with her for 5 minutes to let her play.

Tonight, my church had an "enrichment night". Which basically means that the women get together to do something. They called it an "abstract night", so we got to paint and also create interesting sandwiches. They actually had sardines, vegemite, different fruits, chocolate sauce, garlic mayonnaise, sliced meats, and a red onion. I have to admit, the most adventurous I got was eating a mango with smoked cheese, which was pretty good. Other than that, I stuck with apples and cheese, and chocolate on bananas. Things I knew would not be re-visiting in a bad way later tonight.

No comments: