Thursday, August 7, 2008

7Aug2008: Day 74: You Never Know

Today was pretty much like the past days in that we went swimming, went shopping, fed the swans and waited for daddy who never came home at a decent hour.

We swam in the morning and we had the whole pool to ourselves. We mostly stayed in the jacuzzi as it wasn't really on (temperature wise) so it was like a warm bath that I would put Makenna in. We did go down the slide about a half dozen times and she actually went down backwards a few times (feet first).

We got back to our room and they hadn't cleaned it yet, and since the missed doing it yesterday, as Makenna was taking her nap, I insisted that they do our room next - once I found a cleaning lady. This hotel definitely has its ups and downs to it. Well then it was off to Pizza Hut for their lunch buffet as I knew she would eat that. It's funny because to watch Makenna eat she is very particular most of the time. She wouldn't eat pieces that had cheese dangling off of it. So I had to rip those dangling pieces off. Then, to skip ahead to dinner, we were again on our own and I tried the chicken place that is right next to the hotel again, and she didn't eat one bight of chicken, but she ate all of my Spanish rice without a second thought. I ordered her garlic bread (for the second time this week), since she did so well with it on Sunday, but she hasn't touched the stuff since. You Never know what this kid is going to do when it comes to meals - unless it's Chinese buffet (and even that is getting to be different every time we go as to what she'll eat), or pizza.

Anyways, after lunch we went to another shopping center and I finally found a coat. It was within the price range Chris was hoping for which was right around 25 pounds. Then we bought some more crackers to feed the swans. I forgot to mention yesterday that while we were feeding them, that her sippy cup fell right into the river. It was an accident and I was about to say oh well, but then I realized I could reach it. So I did grab it out, and it's waiting for a thorough washing treatment from the dishwasher back at home. I also forgot to mention that there are lots of rowing boats (sculls I think they're called) along the river. Every day I've seen kids being coached on how to row in these boats. There's usually at least 3 or 4 of them (boat fulls) being taught at a time. Along with older people who are going up and down the river. The trainers just run along the path of the park or bike and yell directions to the kids.

So that was our typical day. Hopefully things will go better for Chris tomorrow so we can actually see him for more than 5 minutes. Plus, we're running out of things to do besides shop. That's one of Makenna's words now besides, daddy, walk, pizza, now it also includes Shop!

No comments: