Tuesday, August 19, 2008

19Aug2008: Day 86: That's It

Life as usual at the homestead. The only difference is that I've gone to the gym in the afternoon as there hasn't been any morning openings for the nursery. I find that I'm more productive for the day if I get to the gym in the morning, in the way of getting housework done. At least we were able to go swimming today and little by little, Makenna's getting more daring in swimming.

I also took Makenna to the doctor's today as she's had this persistent congested cough, but only in the mornings mostly. I didn't really feel it's anything to worry about but Chris insisted that I take her. The doctor said it's nothing to worry about. I think Chris really wanted to know what she had so that he didn't have to go to the doctor's for his hacking cough and take the same stuff.

Makenna has picked up this new thing that she started doing this past weekend of "that's it". So she'll wipe her hands together and say "that's it" like in the mode of being finished. Tonight I offered her a cookie and then she asked for another and I said one more and...she said..."that's it" She got it out before I did. With the hand gestures and everything. It's quite funny to see what she picks up from us. Plus, it's funny to see what things she finds funny. We were reading a book last night and in it, it has the word "thump". She thought this was the funniest thing and she's been saying it on and off all day. I just put her to bed and she started saying it again and laughing.

No comments: