Friday, August 29, 2008

29Aug2008: Day 96: Chris?, Chris?

This morning was absolutely hilarious. I woke Makenna up and she asked for daddy. I said that daddy was downstairs and that she better get up before he goes to work. So she ran to the top of the stairs and started yelling down...."Chris?, Chris?, Chris?" like five times. I just started laughing. I had heard her yell his name once before like a week or so ago and chuckled then, but again, another "glimpse of the future" moment for when she's a teenager. Chris of course told her, "you're supposed to call me daddy."

The past couple of mornings, Makenna has been waking up earlier than normal. Yesterday and the day before, she woke up around 6:30am. This morning she woke up around 5:30am. I tried ignoring her so that she would go back to sleep, but Chris got up and stuck his head in her room. Big mistake. She started crying. He went in and changed her and put blankets over her and she fell right back to sleep. He thinks that she was just cold.

We had a couple of visitors at the house today. One was to check the security system on the house. Which was a good thing as anytime we went away and turned the house alarm on, and then came back it would go off, waking up the whole neighborhood. Not to mention deafen Chris in the process. So they fixed that (we hope). We also had an electrician come to give an estimate on placing an outlet outside the house. The owner requested the quote so that his son could just plug the mower outside instead of dragging an extension cord through the house.

I have to also mention, as her birthday is getting closer, that there is this book that I read her at night sometimes (lately), of Curious George. It's a before & after book. One part in the book talks about "cake galore" - "cake no more". There's birthday balloons, and a gift on the next page. Every time I turn to that part of the book, Makenna starts singing Happy Birthday. She gets out "Happy" and then kind of mumbles birthday, but she wants me to sing it to her. I've been practicing with her that she's turning two and tonight when I asked her how old she's going to be on her birthday, she did say 2. She also, on occasion starts singing twinkle twinkle little star, today being one of them.

Chris also came home early, for once, on a Friday. Early being around 3pm, but that is really good for him. We just planned what our adventure will be tomorrow and I believe we settled on Windsor Castle. You'll have to "tune in tomorrow" to see if that's where we end up or not.

No comments: