Wednesday, August 6, 2008

6Aug2008: Day 73: Farmer's Market

Just another day walking around the river, feeding the swans and ducks and geese. Then we walked down into town where there was a Farmer's Market taking place. There were a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and even vendor's selling meat. I wish I was better at eating a variety of fruits and vegetables as a lot of them looked really good. I'm trying to get Makenna to branch out, but we're lucky if we can get her to eat anything but cereal and Chinese food while we're here.

We went back to the hotel room for our usual nap and then in the afternoon went back onto High St. and did some shopping. I bought a few blouses from a store that was having a sale and then as I kept walking I noticed more "market tents" set up with clothes and other odds and ends like luggage to cleaning supplies for the house to pots and pans. There were a couple of really pretty skirts that I ended up buying as they were 2 for 10 pounds. Makenna and I shared an ice cream cone and then went back to the room to wait for Chris to come home to eat dinner.

As usual, that didn't pan out. They were making progress at work and didn't want to quit so Makenna and I had to walk around and find something to eat. Unfortunately, like I stated above, it's hard to find something that she'll eat and I hate going to restaurants and buying food that she then just stares at and says "no" to. So as we were wandering, I found a Chinese Buffet for 10 pounds. Now the thing I was hesitant about was that we just had gone to one last night and I'm really getting sick of these buffets but I knew she would eat and that's what mattered most. She's only really eating the chicken which are on skewers - so then why won't she eat chicken fingers? Got me!

Hopefully Chris is making real progress on this bus and we can spend time together as a family besides the quick breakfasts or dinners that it's been. I guess it's better than Makenna and I being back at the house in Gillingham and not seeing him at all for a week. Plus, I got to shop!

No comments: