Thursday, August 14, 2008

14Aug2008: Day 81: Purple

We got Makenna to say her name again - twice. Of course it still comes out "Makemma" but we think that's pretty darn good. But today she actually said "purple" when I asked her what color something was....and she was right! I don't know if it was a lucky guess or if she really knew.

We tried asking her colors of other things and she either wasn't interested (which seemed to be the case) or didn't know. She did take a few guesses at things but it's obvious we need to work on colors still.

She also is showing empathy. When she watches movies, she'll see parts, and turn to me and quietly say "sad". She's usually right...it's a sad part in the movie. I think it's the music that she keys in on.

Other than that, we just went to play group, the one that's a 1/2 hour away. I'm thinking about not going anymore because she's just not into it until the toys come out and the cookies come out. So for the first 40 minutes or so, she just whines, and wants me to carry her, and keeps saying "toys" or "cookie". I can occasionally get her to join in the singing or dancing but not for very long. Plus, I enjoy taking her to the park near by after as they have a kids swing that she likes, but again, I'm not sure it's worth all the trouble. I'll have to see if there's something else closer that we can get into.

Daddy brought home a punching balloon thing. You know, the kind that has a rubber band at the end of the balloon so you can punch it. She loved it. She's always asking for balloons when she sees them and I almost bought her one today but decided against it. So she had a lot of fun bouncing it around tonight.

No comments: