Monday, November 10, 2008

10Nov2008: Day 168: Cold, Wet, Rainy, Windy

That about sums up the day. It was too cold, wet, windy, rainy to go anywhere besides the gym. Makenna, of course, wanted to stomp in every puddle she saw from the car to the gym, and back again. I swear there's some magnetic force that happens between her feet and a puddle.

On the bright side, Chris came home fairly early (just before 5pm) as they lost power at his plant. He's not sure why, and his side of the building actually had a generator, but they still couldn't connect to the network. So I guess they told everyone to go home. It made my life easier so that I could cook dinner without a child clinging to my leg begging to be picked up.

One other nice thing that we did tonight is to shut off the t.v. and computer (albeit for 15 minutes), before Makenna's bedtime to spend time with the three of us doing something. We tried to play with toys but Makenna didn't really want to do that. So we sat and sang different songs where you had to move body parts. I think this is something we should try and incorporate into our nights more often.

No comments: